Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"You Late."


The Undertaker hasn't appeared since the night I called the police. I have to admit, though, that I would really enjoy another meal at Seven Stars but with a different dining companion.

I took a long walk yesterday and ended up at the Gateway Pharmacy across from the hospital. What a terrific place--they have everything there! I browsed for about an hour and then settled on some tweezers, new lip liner and lipstick (going to try a provocative dark red color this time, see if that does anything) and a perfume called Chloe. The pretty young woman behind the frangrance counter recommended it. She was almost as tall as I and couldn't stop looking at me--perhaps because of my height? It's so nice when you're this tall to meet other tall people. But this poor girl had way too much make-up on. She really needed my help...I just knew it. There was a desperate pleading in her languid blue eyes. She was all but calling out for me to rescue her. Was she a starving single mother? Did her muscley boyfriend beat the crap out of her? Did her jowly step-father molest her? I just knew she needed my help...and you know I really wanted to...but then I remembered I had a 1:15 mani-pedi, and I was late, so I had to run.

So I wasn't on time, and they don't like that, but my nails look great. Tried a different, more demure, color this time. And of course, the obligatory foot massage. Ahhh....Lotus has tiny hands, but they are so strong. All the callouses and dead skin of Winter rubbed and washed away. When the time comes to wear open-toed shoes, I'll be good to go. I feel renewed. Spring has sprung, and I am ready.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dolores,
You need to try Hollywood Tans, next to French Creek Outfitters. A few sessions and you will look hot. If you don't like the actual lighted booths they have a spray on booth too.
Try it, girl. Being 6'3 you might be a little tal to put your arms in the stirrups, but being the woman you are you can make it work. I've seen lots more men in there than I would have believed (and here I thought they spent all of their free time on a beach!). Maybe you can hook up?

Anonymous said...

Delores, I have to break the bad news to you, the young gal behind the cosmetics counter was not admiring you, she was staring at your Adam's Apple.

Dolores Haze said...

Either that....or the fact that I am a 6'3" transexual...not a sight you see everyday, anon.

Anonymous said...

Ok so you have the part for the next Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Colonial.

Dolores Haze said...

Tsk.